April 24, 2019 – Version 1.5.1 is a bug fix release that fixes a crash on iPad when opening a playlist.
April 22, 2019 – Version 1.5.0 enables a dark-mode for subscribers.
- Subscribers can choose one of the following themes: light, light monochrome, dark and dark monochrome.
- Cover art handling has been completely rewritten, and gracenote cover art retrieval is now more reliable (smaller chance of incorrect artwork).
March 26, 2019 – Version 1.4.6 brings the following new features and improvements:
- The main menu is now also configurable on iPad (for subscribers).
- You can have Rigelian play 100 random songs for you.
- On the player settings, you can specify a different host for http-based cover art retrieval.
- Some small improvements on the random album function.
March 11, 2019 – Version 1.4.5 is a bug fix release.
March 6, 2019 – Version 1.4.4 brings the following improvements and bugfixes:
- Various actions now provide haptic and visual feedback (haptic feedback is only available on iPhone).
- Songs on an album with multiple artists are now shown in the correct order.
- Cover art for songs with “:” in the title is now displayed correctly.
- A problem is fixed where songs and albums were sometimes not added at the right position in the playqueue.
- A problem is fixed where the buttons on the now playing screen were disabled.
February 17, 2019 – Version 1.4.3 brings the following smaller improvements:
- The new section scroll bar is now also available for artists, composers and performers.
- Scrolling performance on album views is improved.
- Retrieval of album covers is improved.
- A diagnostics functions is added to help troubleshoot missing data issues.
January 22, 2019 – Subcribers will be happy to see a couple of frequently requested features in version 1.4.2:
- It’s now possible to quick-scroll through the album list by section.
- A complete folder (including subfolders) can be added or shuffled all at once to the play queue.
- The above function also makes it possible to add the complete library to the play queue.
- A long-press menu on folders gives access to the standard add methods (replace, add next, add at end.
- In addition to these new features, the compatibility with specific mpd versions has been improved.
January 3, 2019 – Version 1.4.1 is a bug fix release.
December 30, 2018 – Here’s what’s new in Version 1.4:
- Automatic discovery and configuration of moOde players.
- You can now enable / disable outputs on a player (subscribers only)
- A double-click on the play/pause button will now stop and go to the beginning of the play queue.
- Fixes for various smaller bugs.
December 19, 2018 – Version 1.3.5 brings the following improvements:
- No inspiration? Let Rigelian pick an album for you.
- Quickly go to the artist and album of the currently playing track by clicking on the artist – album label in the now playing view.
- You can now specify a http port number in the cover art settings.
- Feature requests and bug reports now contain additional information to support trouble shooting.
- Some minor bug fixes.
November 28, 2018 – Version 1.3.4 brings the following improvements:
- Cover art handling is improved, and an assistant is added which shows exactly how cover art is loaded.
- You can now use the mpd ‘consume’ function.
- You can now stop (instead of pause) by double-clicking the pause button.
- Editing functions for saved playlists are added.
- Some small visual improvements are made.
November 12, 2018 – Version 1.3.3 adds an improved onboarding experience for new users, and provides a layout that is compatible with the new iPad Pro models.
October 7, 2018 – Version 1.3.2 brings some smaller improvements:
- You can now add songs to a playlist from the long-press menu.
- The appearance of the now-playing view on iPhone X and Xs is improved.
- If only a single player is detected, it will be automatically selected.
September 24, 2018 – Version 1.3.1 brings the following improvements:
- A brand-new today widget will give you quick access to the most used controls from the lock screen.
- The album view now includes a list of other albums by the same artist.
- The animation for opening and closing the now playing view is improved.
- A password can be entered when manually adding a player.
- When using the accessibility feature ‘Smart Invert Colors’, cover art will now be shown correctly. This gives sort-of-a dark mode.
- Subscribers can now disable gracenote cover art retrieval.
September 4, 2018 – Version 1.3.0 brings radio support using Shoutcast:
- Browse radio stations by genre.
- Search radio stations by name, genre or what is playing.
- Mark radio stations as favorite for immediate access.
- Manually add radio stations which are not published on Shoutcast.
Other changes include:
- You can now delete tracks from the playqueue by swiping them to the left.
- On album and playlist views the number of tracks and total duration is shown.
- Various graphical refinements are made.
- Some minor issues are fixed.
August 6, 2018 – Version 1.2.5 brings the following improvements:
- Understand ‘The’ in an artist name, i.e. show The Beatles under ‘B’ instead of ‘T’.
- Support is added for sortartist and sortartistalbum tags, to sort the artist list.
- Playlists based on cue files will be shown when browsing, and can be loaded into the play queue.
- When displaying the albums for an artist, the year of release is shown for each album.
- Some minor issues are fixed.
July 23, 2018 – Version 1.2.4 brings the following improvements:
- By popular demand, browsing and searching on both composer and performer is added (requires a subscription).
- On iPhone, subscribers can configure the main menu (which entries to show and in which order).
- In case an incorrect album cover is cached, you can now remove that cover from the cache so it gets reloaded.
- Support for password protected players is added.
- Artist and genre album lists can be sorted on title, year and artist.
July 10, 2018 – Version 1.2.3 brings the following improvements:
- The handling of missing metadata on .wav files is improved.
- Cover art will now be found regardless of the filename used.
- In the albums list you can now sort by album title.
- You can report feature requests via a built-in mechanism.
- Various minor bugs have been fixed.
June 25, 2018 – Version 1.2.2 brings some smaller improvements:
- Maintain a list of recent search terms for quick re-use.
- Ensure proper cover art retrieval from Volumio players when an artist name contains special characters.
- Some minor bug fixes.
June 18, 2018 – Version 1.2.1 brings some smaller improvements:
- Better looking album and playlist views on the iPad
- Improved handling of .wav files to deal with missing metadata in some mpd-versions
- Improved scrolling on album views
- Some small bug fixes
June 4, 2018 – Version 1.2 brings the full iPad experience to Rigelian, plus some other improvements:
- Layout optimized for the larger iPad screen, both in landscape and portrait mode
- Quick popup-access to the playqueue and all of your players
- Full support for multi-tasking: run Rigelian side-by-side or on top of another app
- Cover art retrieval for missing covers from Gracenote (requires a Rigelian subscription)
- Show artist images on the Artist view
- Automatic detection of players based on RuneAudio
May 17, 2018 – Version 1.1.1 is a bug fix release.
May 14, 2018 – Version 1.1 of Rigelian adds the following functions:
- Browse through the raw folder structure (requires a Rigelian subscription)
- Possibility to manually add a player
- Option to filter artists by Album-Artist
- Add possibility to clear the play queue
- Every 5th day of the month will now be wax-cylinder day
April 29, 2018 – With the initial release of version 1.0 of Rigelian, everything is new. Here’s what you can expect:
- Browse by Artist, Album, Genre
- Save and update playlists
- Immediate access to your most recently added albums
- Intuitive and fast search function
- Add music the way you want it:
- Replace your play queue
- Add at the next position in the play queue
- Add at the next position in the play queue and start playing
- Add to the end of the play queue
- Play queue editing: move and remove tracks
- Cross-browsing from the play queue to artist and album
- Display quality indicator for the currently playing track
- Automatic detection of the players on your network
- Easily switch between players
- Support for all device sizes: iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 8+ and iPhone X