When compiling the c-based library libmpdclient, I ran into the problem that it contains some #define statements which have to be set during the build. It took me while to find out how to set those when building the package with Swift Package Manager. In the end off course the answer was right there in the documentation, but I only found that after watching one of the SPM videos from WWDC 2019. let package = Package( name: “libmpdclient”, … targets: [ .target( name: “libmpdclient”, […]
After some initial try-outs with the swift package manager some months ago, I came back to it today to see if it’s possible to run it side-by-side with cocoapods, and gradually migrate packages over. To begin with, I took out the libmpdclient sources of the mpdconnector framework, and put it into a framework of its own which can be built and included using swift package manager. While doing this I ran into various workspace and build issues, including a point at which the Xcode build server would crash every time I opened the workspace. But in the end I managed […]
Most Rigelian support questions are related to cover art not displaying correctly. Unfortunately mpd supports cover art retrieval only in recent versions (since 0.21) and the support is still basic. To let the users get the best cover art under these constraints, the cover art assistant in Rigelian is updated with new functions, like selecting which sources are used, the order in which those sources are accessed, and a description how each of these sources work. Also added is the possibility to clear the cover art cache, forcing that all images are reloaded.