September 4, 2018 – Version 1.3.0 brings radio support using Shoutcast:
- Browse radio stations by genre.
- Search radio stations by name, genre or what is playing.
- Mark radio stations as favorite for immediate access.
- Manually add radio stations which are not published on Shoutcast.
Other changes include:
- You can now delete tracks from the playqueue by swiping them to the left.
- On album and playlist views the number tracks and total duration is shown.
- Various graphical refinements are made.
- Some minor issues are fixed.
August 6, 2018 – Version 1.2.5 brings the following improvements:
- Understand ‘The’ in an artist name, i.e. show The Beatles under ‘B’ instead of ‘T’.
- Support is added for sortartist and sortartistalbum tags, to sort the artist list.
- Playlists based on cue files will be shown when browsing, and can be loaded into the play queue.
- When displaying the albums for an artist, the year of release is shown for each album.
- Some minor issues are fixed.
July 23, 2018 – Version 1.2.4 brings the following improvements:
- By popular demand, browsing and searching on both composer and performer is added (requires a subscription).
- On iPhone, subscribers can configure the main menu (which entries to show and in which order).
- In case an incorrect album cover is cached, you can now remove that cover from the cache so it gets reloaded.
- Support for password protected players is added.
- Artist and genre album lists can be sorted on title, year and artist.
July 10, 2018 – Version 1.2.3 brings the following improvements:
- The handling of missing metadata on .wav files is improved.
- Cover art will now be found regardless of the filename used.
- In the albums list you can now sort by album title.
- You can report feature requests via a built-in mechanism.
- Various minor bugs have been fixed.
June 25, 2018 – Version 1.2.2 brings some smaller improvements:
- Maintain a list of recent search terms for quick re-use.
- Ensure proper cover art retrieval from Volumio players when an artist name contains special characters.
- Some minor bug fixes.
June 18, 2018 – Version 1.2.1 brings some smaller improvements:
- Better looking album and playlist views on the iPad
- Improved handling of .wav files to deal with missing metadata in some mpd-versions
- Improved scrolling on album views
- Some small bug fixes
June 4, 2018 – Version 1.2 brings the full iPad experience to Rigelian, plus some other improvements:
- Layout optimized for the larger iPad screen, both in landscape and portrait mode
- Quick popup-access to the playqueue and all of your players
- Full support for multi-tasking: run Rigelian side-by-side or on top of another app
- Cover art retrieval for missing covers from Gracenote (requires a Rigelian subscription)
- Show artist images on the Artist view
- Automatic detection of players based on RuneAudio
May 17, 2018 – Version 1.1.1 is a bug fix release.
May 14, 2018 – Version 1.1 of Rigelian adds the following functions:
- Browse through the raw folder structure (requires a Rigelian subscription)
- Possibility to manually add a player
- Option to filter artists by Album-Artist
- Add possibility to clear the play queue
- Every 5th day of the month will now be wax-cylinder day
April 29, 2018 – With the initial release of version 1.0 of Rigelian, everything is new. Here’s what you can expect:
- Browse by Artist, Album, Genre
- Save and update playlists
- Immediate access to your most recently added albums
- Intuitive and fast search function
- Add music the way you want it:
- Replace your play queue
- Add at the next position in the play queue
- Add at the next position in the play queue and start playing
- Add to the end of the play queue
- Play queue editing: move and remove tracks
- Cross-browsing from the play queue to artist and album
- Display quality indicator for the currently playing track
- Automatic detection of the players on your network
- Easily switch between players
- Support for all device sizes: iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 8+ and iPhone X